Dear Valued Customers,
Can you believe Thanksgiving is just over a week away? Soon after all the festivities “Turkey Day” brings, Christmas shopping will be heavily underway. Not only will Christmas be on the way, but many brides-to-be will be counting down the days until their winter wedding arrives.
Of course, the staff at Kidsformal.com love weddings no matter when they occur, but we especially enjoy winter weddings. There just seems to be something magical about this time of year and it’s great to experience this magical feeling at a wedding! Therefore, in honor of all the brides-to-be planning a winter wedding, we have compiled a list of tips that you might find helpful!
Location: Winter weddings can be just as beautiful as spring or summer weddings, but they do require a different setting since the temperature is so much cooler. A few ideas for great winter wedding locations include:
• A Bed & Breakfast – This is the perfect place for a small and intimate winter wedding. Make sure the room has a fireplace that can be lit to make it even more intimate!
• A Lodge in the Mountains – What better place to have a winter wedding then in a lodge in the mountains where there is snow all around? Your guests can even stay an extra day or two and enjoy the nearby skiing!
• A Historical Building – Some of the most beautiful winter weddings have been held in historical buildings such as beautiful churches, amazing mansions and majestic castles!
Wedding Attire: For the most part, the wedding attire will be the same. The bride will be in a beautiful wedding dress and the groom will be in a formal tuxedo. However, there are a couple things that can be done to make the attire a little more fitting for winter.
• Dress Style – A lot of winter brides choose wedding gowns that have sleeves to help them stay warmer and create a more “winter” feel among the guests. However, if you have your heart set on a sleeveless dress, then consider adding a beautiful wrap or shawl to accentuate your dress.
• Bridesmaids and Flower Girls – Bridesmaids and flower girls dresses can also be paired up with stunning wraps, shawls and jackets to bring out the winter theme as well!
• Jewelry – Jewelry is another important aspect for winter themed weddings. Many associate snow and ice with winter, therefore having lots of sparkling “icy” accents will help tremendously. Therefore, choose jewelry that has diamond or crystal pieces to give your attire the extra touch it needs.
Decorations: There are many ways you can decorate your winter wedding. However, if you need a little help thinking of ideas, below are a few to get you started.
• Christmas Trees – Use miniature Christmas trees to help decorate the reception hall for your wedding. These can even be used as centerpieces for the tables!
• Ice Sculptures – As mentioned before, ice is often associated with winter, therefore, having ice sculptures at your wedding is an exquisite way to enhance your winter themed wedding!
• Crystal Bouquets – Make your bouquet a keepsake by having it made entirely of crystals! This will not only help make your winter wedding more “wintery” but it will also give you a beautiful wedding keepsake that you can showcase in your home. You can also have smaller bouquets with crystal accents made for your bridesmaids as well.
Hopefully, you’ve found a few ideas to help you plan your winter wedding whether it’s next month or a year from now. If you are looking for the perfect flower girl dress or accent pieces, such as the wraps and shawls mentioned above, then visit KidsFormal.com and we’ll help you find exactly what you’re looking for!