Earlier this week, I wrote about some of the fall fashion trends for boys. However, I know that many of you have girls that you will be shopping for when the weather begins to change so here is the info you need to know to ensure your daughter is in style as she heads back to school this fall.
- Camo Prints – Previously, camouflage was reserved for the guys (unless it was pink camo), but this year many designers are using it for girls and women’s clothing. The cool thing is that nothing is off limits for camo; jackets, leggings, skirts, jeans, tops, scarves, shoes, hats and even backpacks will be seen dressed in green camouflage.
- Flannel – Flannel has always been a warm and cozy material, but it went out of style back in the 90s. However, it is making a comeback. Now, it isn’t cool to wear just a flannel top with jeans. Instead, use a long-sleeved flannel top to wear over a cute, distressed t-shirt. Flannel skirts, jackets, scarves and hats are also going to be popular this fall.
- Denim – Yes, jeans are still in style, but the “new” thing is to break out the jean jackets and vests to give your outfit the extra “pop” it needs. Girls will also enjoy experimenting with denim overalls and pinafore dresses this fall as well.
- Sneakers & Big Soles – Both of these styles have long been out of style, but they too are making a big comeback this fall. Sneakers of all kinds and colors are going to be seen walking the halls and the streets this fall. For formal shoes, many girls will put away the skinny little heels and pull out the lug soles and block heels for a fresh, new look this fall. The benefit to these types of shoes is that they aren’t quite as difficult to walk in.
- White – This fall it doesn’t matter what a girl wears, if it’s in white, it’s hot. For example, if your daughter is a low-key, relaxed girl then a pair of white jeans her favorite t-shirt is all she’ll need. However, if your little one is more of a fashion queen, then a cute white blazer will be perfect for dressing up her favorite outfits this fall!
- Wacky Prints – For girls that like to make a statement with their clothing, choosing wacky printed pants will be all they need to do this fall. It seems that the “louder” the prints the better this fall. So, let your little one have fun with the clothing she chooses this fall. It doesn’t matter if it’s denim, leggings or a jacket – wacky printed clothes are definitely in right now!
- Leather – Finally, don’t shy away from leather this fall because it’s quickly becoming one of the latest fall fashion trends for both boys and girls. Girls can enjoy wearing cute leather jackets, skirts, pants and even some shirts will have leather accents. The trick is not to wear them all at once. Only wear one leather piece at a time. Oh, and colored leather – yeah, it’s in style too!
Now that you know what is going to be in style this fall, hopefully you and your girl(s) can go get the back-to-school clothes shopping done! Just remember that if you are in need of formal wear for your little one this fall, come to Kidsformal first. We keep the latest girls fashion trends for formal wear in stock!