Mother’s Day 2018 is just around the corner! Seriously, it’s going to be here before you know it. Have you and your children prepared anything special for the special lady?
As a mother, I know that a lot of times we tell our husbands and children not to worry about getting us anything for Mother’s Day but, while we do mean it, it’s also nice to be surprised too. The great thing is that we don’t need much to be surprised and feel special. All we really need is for our families to show us that they have thought about us and have tried to make our day special.
However, I know that it can be hard trying to find the perfect gift for Mother’s Day, especially in 2015 when there are so many great things to choose from. So, I’ve put together a little gift guide to help you find the perfect gift – regardless of your budget.
- Personalized Jewelry: Jewelry is always a hit with most women, but many are under the impression that it has to be expensive to be special. For mothers, this is not true! Personalized jewelry is one of the most thoughtful, and often inexpensive, gifts that can be given on Mother’s Day. This is especially true if you like to shop on Etsy.com. A few ideas include: Charm Bracelets, Lockets and Birthstone Rings/Necklaces. Another great suggestion, if you have a daughter, is a Mother/Daughter necklace. This is a necklace with two chains that separates and mom gets one and daughter gets the other. It’s perfect because both mother and daughter get a new piece of jewelry that can be worn with a variety of outfits, but especially those summer dresses!
- Handcrafted Anything: If you have an artistic child who enjoys arts and crafts, then let him/her make something special for mom. It may be a card or a drawing, or it might be something a little more time-consuming like a bracelet or cross-stitch picture, etc., but what it is, how much it cost or how great it looks won’t matter as much as the thought, time and love that went into making it. Handcrafted gifts are definitely favorites for moms to receive on Mother’s Day!
- Essential Oils: In case you didn’t know, essential oils are the craze right now. Almost everyone I know has started experimenting with essential oils to help with almost anything. Things like allergies, the common cold, migraine headaches, relaxation, stress….you name it and there’s probably an essential oil for it. The reason people are starting to use essential oils is because they provide an all-natural solution for common ailments. So, a starter kit or a couple more of her favorite essential oils (if she already has some) will make a unique and thoughtful gift. If she is new to essential oils, then you might also consider a diffuser.
- Relaxation Basket: Consider making a gift basket with her favorite things in it to help her relax. The basket might include things like a book, chocolate, bubble bath/bath salts, manicure/pedicure gift card, a movie and popcorn, etc. Basically, you and the kids will get some of her favorite things and create a thoughtful “relaxation” basket with them.
- Breakfast in Bed: What would a Mother’s Day gift guide be without breakfast in bed? As mothers, we do so much to care for our families that we often neglect ourselves. For example, many moms get up early to make sure the kids have a well-rounded breakfast before heading out to school or going wherever they have to go, but they eat breakfast on the run (protein shake, granola bar, banana, etc.) because there isn’t enough time for them to sit down an eat. So…why not get the kids up early, let mom sleep in, and make her a scrumptious meal that she can enjoy while in bed?
Hopefully you have found something on this list that will help you make Mother’s Day 2018 special for the special woman in your life whether she is your mother or wife and mother of your children! If you have any additional ideas, please leave them in the comment section so our readers can gather more great ideas!