If you weren’t ready for the holidays a few weeks ago, now is the time to get it together as the holidays are practically here! At my house, this is the craziest part of the year! We have school programs, holiday parties, holiday baking, caroling, decorating, gift buying and much more to do all within a few weeks. Finding time to rest and relax is hard to do at this time of year. In fact, I feel pretty good when I’m able to get about 4-6 hours of sleep during the holiday rush!
While all of the holiday festivities are fun and enjoyable, they can be stressful. This is especially true when you go to get the kids ready and discover that they’ve outgrown their formal wear! This is exactly the reason why you need to make sure your kids have properly fitting formal wear in their closets right now. If they don’t, then you need to go out and get them some holiday clothing pronto.
Below you will find a holiday formalwear guide to help ensure you don’t forget anything and your kids are ready for all the upcoming holiday festivities!
- Vest Set/Suit: One of the best things about having boys is that they’re pretty easy to shop for when it comes to formalwear! All you need to have in their closet is a properly fitting vest set or dress suit. Vest sets and suits generally come with the dress shirt, vest/jacket, dress pants and a matching tie. Nothing like getting it all in one stop, right?!
- Dress Shoes and Socks: Next, you just need to make sure you’ve got a good pair of dress socks to match the dress pants he will be wearing. Then, complete the outfit with a nice pair of dress shoes. Dress shoes come in a variety of styles and finishes, making it easy to find the perfect pair regardless of whether you need a casual or formal pair of dress shoes.
- Formal Dress: Your little princess will need at least one formal dress in her closet for the holiday season. More than likely she will be attending a school program, formal holiday party or a special Christmas church service before the season is over. Thus, requiring her to wear a formal dress. Depending on how many formal events you and your family will be attending you may need a couple formal dresses, but one is definitely a must-have.
- Casual Dress: It’s also a good idea to have a casual holiday dress on for her to wear to semi-casual holiday events. Things like holiday family gatherings, holiday pictures, sleigh rides, caroling, etc. are all events where a festive casual dress can be worn.
- Leggings: Your daughters may not see the importance of them now, but in the cold winter air they will certainly come to appreciate leggings and the warmth they provide. The great thing about leggings is that they come in so many different colors, patterns and styles, making it easy to find a pair to go with every outfit!
- Closed-Toe Dress Shoes: A pair of closed-toe dress shoes is a must for little girls at the holidays. They will ensure her little feet stay warm while completing her winter ensemble.
- Bolero Jacket: Finally a good bolero jacket is another must-have for little girls at the holidays. Boys don’t really care too much if they have to wear their heavy winter coat over their suit/vest set to stay warm, but girls don’t want to hide their beautiful holiday dresses behind big and bulky coats. The solution is to get them a bolero jacket. These are dressy, warm and stylish – making them perfect to pair with holiday formalwear!
Hopefully, you are already stocked and ready to go for the holidays, but if you find that your children have outgrown their formalwear, the list above should help you get them ready for the holidays…even if it is at the last minute!
All of the above items can be found at KidsFormal.com.