We’re not sure about you, but the summer sure is flying by for those of us at Kids Formal! Before you know it, it will be time to start shopping for presents and pretty Christmas dresses for the kids! But, that’s still several months away so, for now, lay back and enjoy the summer sun!
While summertime is the busiest time for weddings, it’s also one of the best times to celebrate an engagement. Most couples spend at least a year planning the perfect wedding, so those who want to get married next summer are still in the planning stage now! For this reason, we felt that it would be helpful to provide our loyal customers with a newsletter with helpful tips for planning a summer wedding!
- Decide where you want your wedding and reception, and don’t hesitate to get it reserved! Doing this a year in advance is best, but it’s pertinent that you do it at least six months in advance.
- If you are planning an outdoor wedding, be sure to have a “Plan B” in case the weather doesn’t cooperate.
- Pick exciting summery colors for your wedding. Pastels are great, but bold colors such as yellow, orange and red are beautiful too!
- Consider using exotic or tropical flowers for the wedding.
- When it comes time to go dress shopping, look for dresses made of materials that will allow the bride to stay cool! Stay away from thick and heavy dresses.
When picking bridesmaids dresses, look for fabric that is fun and lightweight.
- Thin cotton dresses or short party dresses are always fun for summer weddings!
- For the little ones in the wedding, keep their attire fun and cool too! Summer weddings are no fun for flower girls and ring bearers when they’re hot. And, when the little ones aren’t happy, everyone will hear about it! Consider a lightweight cotton dress for the flower girl and a boy’s tuxedo featuring short dress pants for the ring bearer. KidsFormal.com has some great summer formal wear options for the little ones in your wedding.
- For the reception, keep the menu light and full of color! Salads, fruits and fresh veggies with a variety of dips are great items for summer wedding menus.
- Most importantly, have fun!
Planning a wedding can be very stressful and time consuming. Our goal at KidsFormal.com is to help reduce that stress! Please keep us in mind when it comes time to find formal wear for all the children in your wedding. We are certain we will be able to find you the perfect summer wedding attire for them at an exceptional price! Also, keep checking back with us as we periodically run great promotions throughout the year!
Have a safe and wonderful Fourth of July Weekend!!
Your Friends at KidsFormal.com